Monday 2 January 2012

2012

Looking back over the pages of my journal I kept while travelling across America for the last 3 yrs, I was wondering where I was and what I was doing the first day of 2011. What has changed over the over the last year and what do I want to see this coming year.  In 2011,  we were in warm, sunny Mesa, AZ! We had spent Christmas with family and enjoyed the nice days! 


I didn't make any resolutions but had decided to try new things at least one thing! Worked to get healthy and learned that what God gave me I need to take care of! Wanted to read my Bible through and completed the majority of it. Renewed our wedding vows!  Most of all, I prayed that we would see Ireland! Didn't think it would happen 9 months later! That's God!


Ireland was it for us! We know beyond any shadow of doubt, this was the will of God for us! Page after page, line after line, anyone would know that was where God wanted us. On the road, God gave reassurance and little things that no one else would have seen but I did! I knew that God was listening and answering prayers!


But there were days that I pondered "How?"  I couldn't see how it all was going to come together and I thought moving from state to state was hard but another country?! But what I had to do was trust! TRUST! Simply, Let God do His thing!


Now we are here!  We live in Ireland!  What now?  The same! The same things as  we did on the road. Same promises, Same "God Moments", Same prayers, TRUST! 
Hebrews 13:8   Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.(KJV)
My God is the same as yesterday (while on the road), same as today (living in Ireland), same as tomorrow (continuing in HIS will).


What will we see for 2012?  Am I satisfied with just being here? God kept his word! Romans 11:29  For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.(KJV)  What do I want? More important what does God want for me and my life? I want to be content in where and what God is doing but not comfortable that God's whole and perfect plan can not be completed
For the new year, I want to see big and mighty things for God's glory! I want to see more(see God in everything) Be fully content  in God's will and plan! No matter how far it pushes me out of my comfort zone!


’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
And to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus says the Lord!”




Yesterday's blessing are Today's promises!
Here's to 2012!

4 comments:

  1. I love this post Angel! Really happy to hear how God is blessing y'all in Ireland! We miss y'all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Karen! I miss you and everyone else at the church! Y'all truly are my family! I am kinda of jealous that Steve will be back for a church service but know that I am sending my love and hugs with him! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. just came across you blog, and i must say.. I LOVE THE COWGIRL BOOTS!!! :D

    ReplyDelete